Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dear Blogary,

Dear Blog,

Is the blog the new diary?  If so, I find it fairly ironic.  I mean I would get upset if all my friends, AND complete strangers read my diary!  So, I guess blogging isn't exactly like writing in your diary - unless of course, you are the person who "accidentally" leaves the diary on the counter and comes home with the shocked face when you find out your sig other couldn't help themselves....  and said yes i'll have another to everyone of your "private" pages...  This hasn't happened to me and if you're reading this and have read my diary without my knowledge...take it to the grave!  It's more of a random thought, and yes there are many in my head.  Another random thought:  I love oatmeal.  It's so reliable, warm, comforting and easy to cook...especially the minute version.  I mean who doesn't have a minute in the morning to cook breakfast.  For all of you who skip your morning meal because you say you don't have time....well, I don't believe you.  Maybe you should start eating oatmeal.  I mean, it even lowers your cholesterol!  And I'm pretty sure I heard a story on the radio about a women who lived to 105 and she claimed part of her longevity success should be attributed to oatmeal!  So, start eating breakfast. And oatmeal...preferably at the same time.

Those are my rants for the morning.  What I really want to talk about is Kentucky!  What a neat state.  People walk around with blue tick hounds, funny southern accents and almost everyone has a mustache - well, at least at the cross race they did...I think it's because it's Movember.*

I arrived on Thursday night to two smiling faces - Edwin and Trina.  They rented an awesome pick up truck with four doors that was literally brand new.  We were rolling in style as they say.  Which is new for me, because i'm usually rolling the opposite way of style.  I think i'll hang out with them more!

The house we stayed in was great.  An old Victorian style home, on a quite street just minutes from the airport and cyclocross course which was a bonus. Either they did their homework or we lucked out! We met Devon and her family at the course the next day for practice, which was SOOOO fun.  That's when the party really started.  We came home afterwards, made a nice dinner and watched a funny movie called Bridesmaids.  It was my 4th time, and I still laughed at all the jokes.  Good times.  Then the lights went out, and the freaks really showed up - in the form of little hairy creatures called mice!  They were everywhere - crawling in the walls, on the floor, eating my food in my duffle, and I swear to you - I felt one scurry, or run, or trot, or whatever they do - right across my arm.

We raced on Saturday - well, they raced - I ended up pulling out after two laps due to a really really really bad stomach ache.  Not really sure what happened, but I was bummed.  Fly all that way, and pull out - sucky. I retreated to the car, and had fun watching Katie Compton spank the field.  That was rad.  And major props to Katie Antonneau - who pulled out a 3rd and a 2nd the following day.  She rocked it out.

We went home that night, had another nice dinner with our adopted family of mice - and had a new addition for the evening - Brian, my coach!  He had a great weekend of racing too and was fun to watch.

We watched another silly comedy, and this one was memorable only because as we were all (4) of us in my bed - I saw a furry creature run right for us with a knife! Ok, ok, ok...he (or she) didn't really have a knife but it did sound more exciting, right? I jumped what felt like 6 feet in the air and landed on top of Trina....screaming and laughing and yelling "oh my god (which is dog backwards...ha!) I saw a mouse!!"  Unfortunately, I was the only one to see this creature...and to this day, I think they thought I was hallucinating...  But, I wasn't - I totally saw a mouse.  It was real.

So, after the movie - I went military and set up a fort of traps.  And caught two of  those little (cover your ears, and close your eyes) bastards.  Which, to be honest was a little sad because they were quite cute and very little.  But, I had to set an example.

Part II to follow.  Stay tuned.  In the meantime - enjoy the pictures!

Our really awesome limo.  Carried 7 bikes and stuff no problem

A funny part in a book I bought in the airport. 

Improvising at it's best in the Luna tent.

Crazy.  Who new I'd find a Roman in Kentucky!




  Thanks for reading.









No comments:

Post a Comment