Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Bike Hangover

This is one of my favorite times of year to blog because I feel like I have more time to post, but more importantly because I get to tell all my readers about the funny stuff I do training.  Take this morning for example - I had a MAJOR bike hang over after putting in close to 9 hours on the frankin cross bike that has been barley doubling as a road bike the past two days.  I hit the sleep button at least 7 times (1:10 min of hitting sleep) and finally fell out of bed, and stumbled my way over to the kitchen to immediately make every attempt possible to revive myself with the bean god, coffee.  It's no easy task.  It's not like I just hit a button and the coffee is made.  I have a bialette - which if you don't know what one of these are - you should stop reading and check out this link


Ok, now that you're back - there is one key step to making coffee in this device... you have to put the metal filter in before you start pouring the grinds in.  Otherwise you're basically making cowboy coffee.  So, yeah in my fog I spaced it and just poured the coffee on the water, screwed on the top and put it on the stove.  Really?  Yeah, I did.  The best part - I didn't realize it until a half hour later, after I was frustrated that the bialette only made half the amount it normally makes.  I drank that half whole heartily, and after the caffeine started to flow throughout my body - it hit me. Doh...nice move Court.


So, I then went out for my morning pedal and all was good in the life of Courtney.  Well, mostly good - nothings perfect, but i'm not complaining. ;)


Pretty sunrise.

Oh and good news -  no more riding frankin bike!  Finally have a new road bike.  Game on.












No comments:

Post a Comment